Thursday, February 5, 2009

Life


I just found out my cousin has cancer. He is 29 years old and the doctors gave him 2-3 years to live. I couldn't believe it. He is so young and has so much to life for. I haven't seen him or talked to him. What do you say? I don't know.

I have an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow. If all is well then it's the IUI. I told my husband yesterday that I keep having dreams about the medicine I'm taking, weird dreams. I have told myself that the IUI's are not going to work. My husband asked why and I told him I don't want to get my hopes up. He said to let go of those emotions, but it's hard.

On a happier note, Valentines day is a week away. I asked Noah what he was going to get me and he said flowers. We went to Lucky's a few days later and he showed me the flowers he was going to get me. It's the first Valentines day he is going to buy me something. We've decided to go to Cheesecake Factory then Pier 39. Hopefully it's not to cold.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Here from the LFCA - IUI's can work, especially for correcting ovulation issues. If there's MFI it does make it less likely. It may take a number of cycles but it is possible. Took 6 for me.
Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Also here from LFCA. I got pregnant with IUI as well. I did 3 rounds of Clomid/IUI. First two were BFN's, 3rd BFP but miscarried. 4th was injectible FSH/IUI, BFP. Healthy girl born 10 months later. I'm now pregnant again thanks to FSH/IUI, due in May. Our diagnosis was PCOS. IUI has a good success rate when it is ovulation issues.

Good Luck!

Kim said...

From LFCA..

I got pregnant on my second IUI w/ injectables. We have MF issues and PCOS. It was a rocky start, but my sweet 6 1/2 month old is sleeping upstairs. Best of luck.

N7 said...

From LFCA- So sorry to hear about yor ucousin. I know there are no words...
I got pregnant on IUI #3- did injectables. They do work so have hope! Good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Also here from LCFA. I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin.

We conceived on our third IUI - with clomid and hcg trigger. I have PCOS and my husband has low morphology. So it can happen, but I totally understand not wanting to get your hopes up. I steeled myself for them not working as well.

Mara said...

Good luck with your IUI! I hope it's great news on Tuesday, and a BFP in a few short weeks!